- Microsoft's open source software to create installer packages (.msi files) for Windows applications
- a toolset that builds Windows installation packages from XML source code.
- supports a command line environment that developers may integrate into their build processes to build MSI and MSM setup packages
- 2010.12.03 WiX v3.5 Escrow Reset
- The WiX toolset CodePlex project(wix.codeplex.com) stores the stable releases and Mercurial repository.
- an editor for XML source files for the Windows Installer XML (WiX) toolset.
ICE64: The directory Folderx is in the user profile but is not listed in the RemoveFile table
--> add RemoveFolder to the component corresponding to the Folderx
<Directory Id='IdFolderx' ... >
<Component Id='IdFolderx' ...>
<RemoveFolder Id='IdFolderx' On='uninstall'/>
//=== error LGHT0267, ICE
"Found orphaned Component 'IdComponentX'.
If this is a Product, every Component must have at least one parent Feature.
To include a Component in a Module, you must include it
directly as a Component element of the Module element or
indirectly via ComponentRef, ComponentGroup, or ComponentGroupRef elements.
[sol] add the Component 'IdComponentX' to the Default Feature by
right-clicking "Default Feature" --> Select components to add
//=== warning LGHT1076, ICE91
ICE91: The file 'MYSHAREDADDIN1.DLL' will be installed to the per user directory 'IdFolderX' that doesn't vary based on ALLUSERS value. This file won't be copied to each user's profile even if a per machine installation is desired.
//=== error LGHT0204 , ICE38
ICE38: Component 'IdCompX' installs to user profile. It must use a registry key under HKCU as its KeyPath, not a file.
[sol] Place an HKCU registry in front of file for a component.
There is no need to run on a 64-bit development machine to create a 64-bit MSI file.
It is feasible to create a 64-bit MSI file on a 32-bit machine.
- http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix/ (WiX Tutorial )
- http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix/lesson2.php (WiX Tutorial Lesson2 )
- http://wix.codeplex.com/ (WiX on CodePlex)
- http://wix.sourceforge.net/ (WiX on Sourceforge)
- http://wix.sourceforge.net/releases/ (More Downloads)
- http://wixedit.sourceforge.net/ (WiXEdit on Sourceforge)