[Q] How to input traditional chinese in Ubuntu?
[Q] 如何在Ubuntu 輸入繁體中文？
"scim-chewing" is recommended although iBus is the built-in input method in Ubuntu 10.04(lucid).
0. System -> Administration -> Language Support
Click on Install/Remove Language
1. sudo apt-get install scim-chewing
2. Change the keyboard type to the desired one(e.g. HanYu Pinyin) via SCIM setup
* iBus tonepy(pinyin + 4/5 tones) will crash when browsing the candidates from the dropdown list by arrow keys
* iBus tonepy list both simplified/traditional chinese chars which make selection difficult.