* deploy from dropbox to heroku
0. login heroku.com
1. heroku personal apps -> click the target app(e.g. dropbox-cat) ->
2. click 'Deploy' on the top horizon menu "Resources, Deploy, Metrics, Activity, Access, Settings"
3. -> click 'Dropbox' , Heroku will connect to Dropbox and
create folder 'dropbox-cat' under Dropbox/Apps/Heroku/
4. move or copy or upload app files to Dropbox/Apps/Heroku/dropbox-cat/ [on Dropbox site]
5. Deploy all your changes in the Dropbox folder to target app. [on Heroku site]
* the mechanism is to use dropbox as a folder instead of git repo
* the appname has to match that under Dropbox/Apps/Heroku/
Changes in Dropbox will sync to Heroku Git and vice versa.
You cannot deploy from any folder in your Dropbox, only the folders that Heroku create in Dropbox/Apps/Heroku will work.
If you have existing code, link your app, wait for Heroku to create the folder in your Dropbox
and move or copy your code into that folder.
Dropbox Sync is integrated with the Heroku Collaboration model.
Changes deployed from Dropbox are committed to the app’s git repo.
Heroku will also sync Git pushes to linked Dropbox folders.
Collaborators on an app can each link their Dropbox accounts with the app.
Collaborators using Dropbox will each get their own app folder in their Dropbox accounts.
Changes are automatically synced to all linked Dropbox folders
and collaborators using Git can pull changes deployed using Dropbox.
//=== error occurred when trying to connect existing app to Dropbox
Item could not be created: